- 200 g Valrhona Guanaja 70% Chocolate
- 3 Kangaroo Island Eggs, available in store
- 50 g La Perruche Cassonade
- Pinch Fleur de Sel, optional
- Melt chocolate over bain marie in a heat proof bowl until melted.
- (Alternatively) microwave in bursts stirring until desired consistency is reached, allow chocolate to cool to room temperature.
- Separate eggs into two bowls, reserve both the egg whites & yolks.
- Whisk the whites until stiff peaks form. Gently add sugar & whisk until there is no grittiness, add pinch of salt and set aside.
- Gradually whisk in each egg yolk, one by one.
- Fold a third of the egg mixture into the chocolate to loosen the mix
- Gradually add the remaining egg mixture in 2 batches until no streaks remain.
- Gently spoon mousse into serving bowls, glasses or ramekins and cover loosely with cling wrap before storing in the fridge.
- Chill for a minimum of 2 hours before serving.