- 2 Sheets Shortcrust Pastry
- 150-200 Grams Duck Rilletes, La Parisienne
- 2 Kangaroo Island Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Meander Valley Double Cream
- 1 Large Potato, Thinly sliced into discs
- 50 Grams Le Conquerant unsalted butter, Melted
- 3-4 Fresh Thyme Sprigs
- Preheat oven to 180C, line a tray with baking paper & set aside
- Piece together the 2 shortcrust pastry sheets, to make a large square. (Cut one sheet in half and add to the top & side of the second sheet)
- Using a large round plate, cut a circle in the centre of the pastry, approx 25cm is ideal. Keep the off cuts for later use
- Using a spoon, spread the La Parisienne Duck Rillette from the middle to the edges of the pastry
- Layer the potato slices over the top of the duck rillette, leaving at least (5cm free around the edges, to wrap the tart later)
- Use your fingers to gently fold the dough edges over the top of the disc. Start at one end and fold a pleat into the dough, moving at 3 cm intervals
- The duck rillette mixture and potato should now be encased inside, use the pastry off cuts to patch any pieces on the side
- Whisk eggs & cream together. Gently pour egg mix over the potato and duck mixture
- Season with the Maison Pebeyre Truffle Salt and a few thyme sprigs
- Brush the top of the tart and pastry edges with melted butter.
- Bake in the oven for 45 mins, or until the top of the Galette is set and the potatoes are golden brown.
- Serve with extra truffle salt on the side.