- 125 g Le Conquerant unsalted butter, melted
- 300 g baby spinach leaves, washed, chopped & blanched
- 250 g Will Studd Aphrodite Feta, chopped roughly
- 2 Garlic cloves, grated
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 375 g filo sheets
- 25cm springform tin
- Preheat oven to 180C. Brush springform tin (base & sides) with a generous amount of melted butter.
- Mix spinach, chopped feta & grated garlic in a medium bowl and season with black pepper to taste. Add oregano and stir well to combine.
- Layer two sheets of filo pastry & brush the top sheet with melted butter.
- Spoon 2-3 tbsp of filling along the bottom 2cm of the sheet. Roll upwards into a cylinder, the butter will seal the sheet as it rolls.
- Coil the first roll in the centre of the springform tin, using the melted butter to keep roll in place on the base of the tin.
- Repeat process. Brush & layer filo sheets with butter, filling with feta mixture as before.
- Continue to shape each roll around the last and continue around the tin as the pie takes shape. Repeat until all the filling has been used.
- Brush the top of the pie with melted butter and place into the oven for 30 minutes.
- Once 30 minutes have elapsed remove sides of the springform tin and continue to cook for another 10-15 mins. This will allow any excess moisture to escape and crisp up the bottom & sides.
- If the pie has taken on too much colour - reduce heat to 170C during this time (if needed.)
- Once baked, pastry should be golden with crisp edges on the sides and top. Remove pie from the oven and rest on a wire rack for 10 mins before serving.