Granita & Ices
- Ponthier Mandarin Puree, chilled item available in store for collection
- Ponthier Coconut Puree
- Ponthier Blackberry Puree
- We've selected these flavours, choose your favourite and follow the steps below.
- various serving glasses or bowls
- pineapple wedges, fresh mint, limes & thyme, for garnish
- Campari, rum, or your favourite spirit to serve, optional
- Pour Ponthier puree into a shallow tin. Allow to set in freezer for a minimum of 4-6hrs.
- Using a fork and tablespoon, scrape the frozen puree into a granita, alternating with the utensils to break up the ice. Leave some pieces in larger sections and scrape some into smaller pieces for added texture.
- Return granita to the freezer until firm, 2-4hrs is ideal. Repeat this process again until you are satisfied with the overall texture of the granita.
- Place serving glasses or bowls into the freezer prior to serving (1hr is our suggested minimum,) prepare garnishes and set aside.
- Layer granita into the frozen serving glasses or bowls. Add garnishes like pineapple, lime, mint or thyme depending on your preference.
- Optional, when serving add a shot of your favourite spirit for a grown-up treat, Campari & mandarin work well, or coconut & rum.