- 500 g Aphrodite Halloumi, 2 blocks, cut into thick-cut fries
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 lemon, sliced into 4 lemon wedges, save zest
- 1 tbsp Simon Johnson Harissa Paste
- 75 g plain flour
- Pons Green Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for frying
- 170 g Shaw River Buffalo Milk Yoghurt
- Mix the yogurt with the lemon zest, then swirl through the harissa.
- On a plate, add the flour, then roll the halloumi in the mixture so that it’s evenly coated.
- Heat oil in a shallow heavy - bottomed pan to 180°C.
- Working in batches, deep fry the halloumi chips until golden (approx. 2–3 minutes; be careful as hot oil will spit).
- Sprinkle over the mint and serve with lemon wedges & spicy yogurt for dipping.
- Serve immediately.