Meet the Monday Morning Cooking Club. Their latest book ‘It’s Always About The Food’ is available now, in all Simon Johnson stores.
- 2 Red Onions, large, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 2⁄3 cup Simon Johnson White Wine Vinegar
- 2 Green Jalapeño Chillies, sliced
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Tasman Sea Salt
- 180 g Baby Rocket Leaves
- ½ Radicchio, approx 180g, roughly chopped
- 2 Fennel, finely sliced
- ¾ cup Pickled Onion, drained, (see recipe below)
- ½ cup Simon Johnson Salted Capers, rinsed & drained
- 1 cup Toasted Walnuts
- 600 g Woodbridge Hot Smoked Salmon, flaked
- 30 ml Simon Johnson White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Simon Johnson Dijon Mustard
- 1⁄3 Cup Pons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Simon Johnson Classic Mayonnaise
- ½ tsp Lemon Juice, or to taste
- ¼ tsp Tasman Sea Salt
- Place the onion in a large non-reactive bowl or dish. Combine the vinegar, jalapenos, lemon juice and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil, stirring to dissolve the salt.
- Pour the hot liquid over the onion and allow to come to room temperature, tossing from time to time.
- Once cool, refrigerate for up to one week. This recipe will make more than you need for the salmon salad.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the rocket, radicchio, fennel and half the pickled onions, capers and walnuts. Add the dressing and toss gently to coat the leaves.
- Transfer to a serving platter and top with the hot smoked salmon and remaining pickled onions, capers and walnuts.
- To make the dressing, combine all dressing ingredients in a jar and shake. Set aside.