Photo Credit (with thanks) to Alan Benson. Meet the Monday Morning Cooking Club. Their latest book ‘It’s Always About The Food’ is available now, in all Simon Johnson stores.
- 450 g Kale, approx 1 bunch
- 60 g Coolea shaved, or other Gouda-style cheese
- 80 g Roasted Hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 4 Ortiz White Anchovies, roughly chopped
- 1 Kangaroo Island Egg Yolk
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp Simon Johnson Harissa Paste
- 1 Lime, with finely grated zest & juice
- 2 tsp Romulo Sherry Vinegar
- 2 Ortiz Anchovy Fillets, rinsed & chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- ¼ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 60 g Coolea finely grated, or other Gouda-style cheese
- 250 ml Pons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Tasman Sea Salt
- Remove the large stalks from the kale and discard. Chop the kale and set aside in a large bowl.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the egg yolk, Worcestershire, harissa paste, lime zest and juice, vinegar, anchovy, garlic, pepper and grated Coolea cheese.
- Continue to whisk and slowly drizzle in the olive oil until fully emulsified. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss the chopped kale with sufficient dressing to coat lightly.
- Place on a serving plate and sprinkle with the shaved Coolea, hazelnuts and white anchovy.