Seekhund is a unique dairy dessert with Indian flavours. This recipe is adapted from Karyn Moskow’s original in Monday Morning Cooking Club’s ‘It’s Always About the Food.’
- El Navirrico Whole Peaches in Syrup, strained, discard liquid
- 250 g Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 110 g White Sugar
- 250 ml Meredith Dairy Yoghurt Sheep Milk Blue Label
- 250 ml King Valley Dairy Buttermilk, available in store
- ½ tsp Ground Cardamom
- ½ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add the yoghurt, buttermilk and cardamom and mix for a few minutes. Fold in the almonds, reserving some for garnish.
- Refrigerate Seekhund for at least 2 hours.
- Serve with the whole peaches & garnish with the reserved slivered almonds