This recipe serves 2
- 600 ml Simon Johnson Chicken Stock, (or vegetable stock)
- 2 T Simon Johnson Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 175 g Elementi risotto with porcini
- 30 g butter
- ½ c pecorino
- 1 T Simon Johnson black truffle oil
- 1 egg
- 2 c sourdough breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil, for deep frying
- sea salt, for sprinkling
- 2 T Simon Johnson salted capers, rinsed and dried
- Place chicken stock into a medium saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat, add risotto and cook stirring for 1-2 minutes until well coated.
- Add stock gradually and cook stirring occasionally for 15-20 minutes or until al dente.
- Add butter, pecorino and truffle oil and stir to combine.
- Allow to cool and refrigerate until chilled.
- Roll risotto mixture into 1-tablespoonful balls. Dip into egg mixture and roll in breadcrumbs to coat.
- Heat oil to 180 C on a thermometer and cook arancini in batches for 4-5 minutes or until golden.
- Drain on paper towel and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Cook capers for 30 seconds in oil or until crisp. Drain on paper towel and sprinkle over arancini to serve.