Meet the ladies from the Monday Morning Cooking Club. They’re recipe sharers, story tellers & Sydney gals who love to eat+cook with loads of brilliant recipes. Their latest book ‘It’s Always About The Food,’ is available in all Simon Johnson stores now. Learn more about them at https://mondaymorningcookingclub.com.au
- 500 g Japanese (Kent) pumpkin, cubed
- 2 birds eye chillies, deseeded and sliced
- ½ tsp (each) ground cinnamon & coriander
- 1 tsp Tasman Sea Salt, and to taste
- 2 tbsp Pons Green Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 50 g Simon Johnson Butter Chicken Paste, half jar
- 680 g Monjardin Organic Chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 400 ml Simon Johnson coconut cream
- 150 g baby spinach leaves
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ bunch coriander, chopped, for garnish (optional)
- steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200℃. In a roasting pan, toss the pumpkin with the cinnamon, coriander and salt. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil and toss again. Roast for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, saute the onion in the remaining oil in a large deep frying pan for 20 minutes or until soft. Add the Butter Chicken Paste and saute for a few minutes until fragrant. Add the pumpkin and the chickpeas and toss gently to combine.
- Add the coconut cream and simmer for 10 minutes, shaking the pan from time to time. Add the spinach and gently stir through. Add salt to taste, and then the lime juice.
- Garnish with coriander and serve immediately with hot rice.
- Serves 6.