- 1 tbsp Simon Johnson Extra Virgin Olive Oil Organic
- 0.5 spanish onion, diced
- 1.5 cup Calasparra Rice
- 2 La Boqueria Mild Chorizo, sliced
- 1 litre Aneto Seafood Paella Base
- 500 g black lip mussels
- 0.5 cup diced red capsicum
- 0.25 cup green peas
- Paella Pan, optional
- 0.25 cup flat leaf parsley, to garnish
- 1 lemon, sliced into wedges
- Saute diced onion in olive oil in Paella pan, over a moderate heat.
- Add sliced chorizo & rice and cook until grains are translucent and chorizo is slightly caramelised.
- Add Paella base to the rice mixture and stir gently to combine ingredients. Simmer over a moderate heat for 10 mins
- Add Mussels to the pan, slightly pushing them into the rice, sprinkle capsicum and peas over the top.
- Continue to cook for 15 mins until the mussels fully open and the rice has soaked up the majority of the stock. (Cover the pan with foil if you need to speed up the cooking process) or if the ingredients look undercooked.
- Serve Paella with a sprinkle of chopped parley and lemon wedges on the side to garnish.