- 1 kg Pandoro, (you won't need the icing sugar) use to dust mince pies at Christmas.
- 390 g Agrimontana Sour Cherries in Syrup, reserve syrup
- 3 El Navarrico Whole Peaches in Syrup, discard syrup
- 70 g Valrhona Caraibe 66%
- 4 tbsp Nielsen Massey Vanilla Paste
- 250 g Mauri Formaggi Mascarpone, available in store
- 600 ml thickened cream
- ¾ cup Ponthier Blackberry Puree, available in store
- 130 g Pons Caramelised Marcona Almonds
- you will need 20cm trifle bowl or similar
- Slice Pandoro into three large discs, approx 3cm thick for trifle layers. Lay out according to largest, middle & smallest and set aside.
- Gently halve peaches, using a paring knife to gently cut the stone away from the fruit. Set aside on a plate until ready to assemble.
- Whisk thickened cream with vanilla paste until firm peaks form. Gently fold in mascarpone and stir until mixture is lump free, set aside in fridge.
- Grate or shave chocolate onto a large piece of greaseproof paper, set aside until needed.
- Place largest Pandoro disc in bottom of trifle bowl.
- Spoon a few sour cherries into the cavity of each layer & drizzle Pandoro layer with some of the reserved cherry syrup- approx 2 tbsp.
- Drizzle with an additional 1/4 cup Ponthier blackberry purée over the Pandoro sponge.
- Layer with the first layer of cream, approx 3cm thick and allow Trifle to set in fridge for 10 mins.
- Add 2nd layer of Pandoro cake, the middle section.
- Slip peach halves between each point in the cavity pressing flat side against the edge of the bowl.
- Drizzle with a 1/4 cup Ponthier blackberry purée & layer with the 2nd layer of cream.
- Spoon a few tbsp of sour cherries on top and set in fridge for a further 10 mins.
- Top with final layer of Pandoro sponge and a 1/4 cup Ponthier blackberry purée. Spread with the final layer of cream, making sure to cover the top of the trifle bowl.
- Set in the fridge for 45 mins, or until serving time.
- Spoon remainder of the sour cherries over the top and garnish with grated Caraibe chocolate and caramelised almonds to serve.