- 2 Cups Chickpea Flour
- 2 Cups Water
- 3 Tbsp Simon Johnson everyday extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to grease the pan
- 1 Tsp Tasman Sea Salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Pollastrini Sardines
- La Chinata Smoked Sweet Paprika, to sprinkle flatbreads
- 4-5 Fresh radishes, halved
- 1 Spanish onion, sliced into wedges
- 2 Lemons, sliced into wedges, or cheeks
- In a large mixing bowl combine chickpea flour, water, olive oil and the salt & pepper
- Whisk to form a smooth batter. Rest for 1/2 an hour, upon which the mixture will thicken up due to the properties of the chickpea flour.
- Heat a large frypan over a rapid heat, add a couple of tablespoons of Simon Johnson Everyday Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Wait until the pan begins to smoke.
- Working quickly, ladle a large spoonful of the batter into the center of the pan and shake to distribute the batter evenly.
- Once the edges have become brown and crispy and the top has set a little, flip the flatbread and toast the other side.
- Continue with the next flatbread, again adding 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and repeat until all the batter has been cooked.
- Sprinkle Socca with LaChinata Sweet Smoked Paprika before serving.
- Arrange the Socca on a large sharing platter, along with the Pollastrini Sardines, halved radishes, Spanish onion wedges and lemon cheeks.