- 1-2 tbsp Pons Green Olive Oil
- ½ ; brown onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- ½ small fennel bulb, sliced, reserve fronds for garnish
- ¾ cup Simon Johnson Verjus
- 1 litre Aneto Fish Broth
- 750 g vongole
- 1 salt & pepper, to taste
- sourdough bread, sliced thin, allow two person
- Pons Green Olive Oil, to drizzle
- sea salt
- fennel fronds, to garnish
- Heat olive oil in a medium size pot and sauté onion & garlic over a gentle heat.
- Add sliced fennel and continue to cook until ingredients soften.
- Deglaze pan with verjuice, add fish stock and bring to a simmer.
- Once broth is simmering, add vongole and cook until shells open for approx 15-20 mins. Adjust if necessary as additional heat might be required, to open the shells.
- Check seasonings and adjust to taste with salt & pepper.
- Serve soup with an extra drizzle of olive oil, garnish with reserved fennel fronds and crostini on the side.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Place sliced bread on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil and sea salt.
- Bake crostini for 15 mins until crisp and golden brown, garnish with fennel fronds before serving.